1.14.2015

More Adventures in Baking: COOKIES!

Share:
Yeah. These happened. 
I'll get back to those good looking guys above in a second. As I mentioned in my last baking post, I also recently dabbled in the cookie game. A few months ago, I was really craving some homemade chocolate chip cookies and decided to try a recipe that came highly recommended from my coworker. I highly recommend it as well, and her refrigerate-the-dough step is CRITICAL so don't skip it!

Look at how thick and magical they look! 
You should probably make those tonight, now that I think about it. But anyway... last month, I was invited to a holiday party at a friend's house, and she requested everyone bring a sweet treat (my kind of party, obviously). I decided to make Candy Cane Blossom Sugar Cookies using a recipe from the magical cookie lady who created those chocolate chip cookies.

#festivecookies
They turned out well, I'm told. I didn't actually have any. I'm more of a milk chocolate kiss girl than a peppermint kiss girl, but those weren't as festive for the occasion.

After my Candy Cane Blossom Sugar Cookie success, I decided to step it up and try some Nutella Stuffed Sugar Cookies. Yes. That's right. They're a thing, and they're spectacular. (Side note: The blogger who created these gems has so many great Persian recipes worth trying, if you're into that.). As you can see from the picture at the top of this post, they turned out perfectly gooey.

I didn't really think it through when I made them, though, as I was travelling to NYC the next morning for 4 days and they would likely have been stale when I got home. So, I did what any logical person does in this situation, I took them with me and made everyone else eat them.

I'm not sure what my next baking adventure will bring. I recently received a crock pot (happy birthday to me!) so I may take a break from desserts and focus on actual meals. Or not. WHO KNOWS?!

No comments:

Post a Comment