1.30.2015

Ok, Crock Pot, let's be friends

Share:
I recently became the proud owner of my very own Crock Pot! It even came with a mini Crock Pot for dipping sauces. I don't know if I'll use that, but it's certainly adorable.

The Little Dipper! 
My first Crock Pot-prepared meal was chicken noodle soup. I know that's not really the kind of thing that requires a Crock Pot, but I really wanted to use it so I searched Pinterest for a recipe to would accommodate both of my needs.

I opted for this recipe since it said it's "the best." The only change I made was leaving out the garlic. Tragically, garlic makes my stomach hurt, so I try to avoid it whenever possible.

Veggie party
I chopped all the veggies and piled them into a bowl that was way too small for the task. Lesson learned on that one. Then I cleaned the chicken breasts and followed the instructions on the recipe -- I put the chicken in first and piled everything on top of it. Then I waited. For 6.5 hours.

30 seconds into my 6.5 hour wait
I added the noodles and parsley in at the end. It looked really yummy when it was done. But if I'm being honest, it wasn't that great. I don't know if garlic is THAT important of an ingredient, but my gut says no. I've had garlic-free chicken noodle soup before that tasted better. I'd like to say this flop wasn't my fault -- it can't be that hard to follow a Crock Pot recipe. So I'm going to blame the recipe.


I will say this: It tasted significantly better on day two than day one. I guess it needed some time to settle.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment