3.27.2015

What I'm Watching #3: The Mysteries of Laura

Share:

Have you been watching The Mysteries of Laura on NBC? It's one of the new shows of the 2014-2015 season, and it stars Debra Messing, Josh Lucas, Laz Alonso, and Janina Gavankar. Like Hawaii Five-0, it's a cop show. But it's a comedic one. I didn't expect to have strong feelings about it, but I actually really like it. It might be one of my favorite shows this season.

I was first drawn to it because of the cast. I'm a fan of Debra Messing from her Will and Grace days (by the way, Eric McCormick guest starred on an episode of Laura this season and their reunion was even better than I could've imagined!), I love Josh Lucas from his role in Sweet Home Alabama, I became a fan of Laz Alonso in a short-lived show he did called Breakout Kings, and I recognized Janina Gavankar from True Blood. In an interesting twist, my favorite character on this show isn't any of those people. It's Max, the hilarious office assistant of sorts played by Max Jenkins.

It also has its share of love triangles, which is always good entertainment. Laura used to be married to her captain, so that right there makes things interesting for their work life. If you're looking for something fun and easy to add to your Wednesday nights, I do recommend this one. It's family appropriate too, so no need to wait for your kiddos to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment