4.15.2015

What I'm Watching #4: The Blacklist

Share:


I've been on a pretty serious bender of The Blacklist lately. I was only a little late to the game on this one -- the second season was about to begin when I started season 1. My dad actually recommended it to me after he stumbled upon it on Netflix, and before I knew it I was binging it pretty hard.

I'm sure you're somewhat familiar with the show since it's pretty popular right now. But in a nutshell, James Spader plays a guy named Reddington who's one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives. He becomes an informant in exchange for immunity and insists he work only with Agent Keen. Even she isn't sure why he requests her since she has never interacted with him before in her life (to her knowledge...).

Meanwhile, she's also married to Tom Keen, who Reddington insists isn't who he says he is. At this point in season 2 we have a lot more information about these things, but I won't go into it in case you haven't been watching.

For a brief part of season 2 I kind of lost interest in the show. Not because it got bad (in my opinion), but because sometimes my interest in one show fades while my interest in another show increases. But I'm back on The Blacklist pretty seriously now -- I've even been rewatching episodes of season 1 to get me through the weeks.

I definitely recommend checking out season 1 on Netflix if you aren't already watching this show. If you're the kind of person who can just jump right into a show and doesn't need to start at the beginning, season 2 is currently airing on Thursday nights on NBC. (But that's crazy and you should start at the beginning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment