5.27.2015

I *will* use this Crock Pot!

Share:


Wayyyyyyyyy back in January (ok, so January wasn't that long ago but it definitely feels like it was), I told you about how I got a Crock Pot and made some mediocre chicken noodle soup in it. Remember? Of course you do.

I followed that up with my first attempt at Persian cooking, but I haven't used the Crock Pot since, and that is just unacceptable! UNACCEPTABLE. It probably thinks I forgot it exists. You know, if Crock Pots could think...

I had a lovely Memorial Day with my dear, dear friend Alla (you should probably follow her kittens on Instagram), and we started talking about how we used to have these Crock Pot nights where we'd go to each other's houses and have dinner prepared in (you guessed it) the Crock Pot.

I just described that as a very two-way situation, but let me clarify: Alla cooked, and I ate. The Crock Pot nights only ever took place at her house, never at mine. In my defense, I didn't have a Crock Pot at the time. But I digress...my point here is we decided we need to reinstate that "tradition" now that we, in fact, both can host the dinners.

I have a Pinterest board dedicated specifically to slow-cooker/Crock Pot recipes, and my goal is to add a lot more to this board so I can get cracking on the Crock Potting.

Why am I telling you all of this? Excellent question, I'm glad you asked. I'm seeking more recipes! Shockingly, I tend to find the same handful of options on Pinterest, and after that lackluster chicken noodle soup, I'm not sure I can trust Pinterest entirely. So, fellow Crock Potter and eater of food, if you have recipes to share, please please PLEASE send them my way!

In the meantime, here are a few recipes I've found that are speaking to me at the moment. An ambitious person could make one a week and eat for a month! (I am not an ambitious person...yet. Baby steps, you know?)



Crock Pot Cauliflower Chicken Chili by Cook Eat Paleo (Top left in image above)
I love a good chili. Nevermind that it's basically summer and super hot outside, I'll just turn on the AC and be on my merry way with the winter foods. I'm intrigued at how this one uses cauliflower in place of beans.

Slow Cooker Paella by A Nutritionist Eats (Top right in image above)
I'll be honest, I don't think I've had many paella eating experiences, but for some reason I'm convinced I love it. The last time I had it was at La Madeleine, which, in retrospect, is probably not the ideal place to have that dish. It wasn't great, as you may have guessed. But maybe this Crock Pot version will be amazing and erase that not-so-hot experience from my memory. That's the goal, anyway.

Easy Springtime Crock Pot Minestrone by How Sweet It Is (Bottom left in image above)
Similar to how I love a good chili, I love a good minestrone soup. This one looks tasty, and I'm hoping it quickly climbs to the top of my list of go-to recipes (note to self: make a list of go-to recipes).

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup by Cooking Classy (Bottom right in image above)
Ok, so basically what I'm saying is I love soup. Any time of year. I've heard lots of people talk about chicken tortilla soup, so now I want give it a try and see what all the fuss is about. This one looks yummy and it's colorful, which is an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment