8.05.2015

What I'm Watching #7: Elementary

Share:

I'll be honest: Right now, I'm in the middle of what can only be described as a serious Hawaii Five-0 binge. I've seen every episode already, and I've watched just about every episode again for a second (or third...) time. I blame Netflix. Anyway! I'm breaking myself away from that for a few minutes to tell you about another show I really enjoy: Elementary.

I've been a fan of this show from the start, and I definitely recommend it. Yes, I know. It's another cop show. I'm nothing if not consistent. I started watching this because I'm a Jonny Lee Miller fan (and a Lucy Liu fan), and I was curious what it would be like, having never seen anything Sherlock Holmes-related in my life.

In this rendition of the story, Sherlock is a recovering heroin addict and Watson is his sober companion turned investigative partner. They work with the NYPD to solve various cases, but they take on their own side work too. I remember when the show first started, the creator did an interview saying that even though Watson would be female, there wouldn't be any romantic storyline between her and Sherlock. So far that's true. I find their relationship interesting nonetheless. They're friends, but Sherlock is kind of abrasive, so he has an unusual way of showing his platonic love for Watson, even though you know it's there.

The show airs Thursdays on CBS, and it's probably something you could jump right into and follow along moderately well.

No comments:

Post a Comment