9.17.2015

Take Me Back to San Francisco

Share:


I. Love. San Francisco. I've known this since I was 12 and first visited. I loved that I needed a light jacket in August, because anyone who knows me can tell you I love cool weather. I'm the person complaining in the 90-degree heat and loving life in the 20-degree chill.

I went back to San Francisco when I was 19 and again when I was 20. My friend, Yelena, lived there for awhile and I took that opportunity to visit the land of perfect weather (as I call it). But then Yelena left San Fran and I never had a reason to go back. Until this month.




It was a work trip that took me out there, but luckily I had some down time and was able to walk around and explore. On my first day, I prioritized getting clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl and ice cream from Ghirardelli.



It was in the high 60s with the clearest sky every day I was there. In the shade, it was definitely chilly (swoon), but in the sun it was perfectly toasty. I stayed outside as often and for as long as I could. I walked around the Wharf and checked out Lombard Street.



If I had more time, I would've visited the Painted Ladies (aka the Full House houses) and gotten closer to the Golden Gate Bridge, but sadly it was a quick trip.



I'm proud of myself for doing a fair amount of sight seeing even though I was by myself. I'm not much of a solo traveler, and part of me expected to stay tucked away in my hotel. But I couldn't pass up a chance to see one of my favorite places, even if I didn't have a travel buddy.

It had been 8 years since my last trip to San Fran, but hopefully it won't be another 8 until my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment